PAPER NAPKINS FOR DECOUPAGE : PLACEMAT HOLDER.
Paper Napkins For Decoupage
- (paper napkin) A tissue paper product used with food. Usually provided as a stack of folded sheets. Family or luncheon napkins are normally embossed with an overall embossing pattern, single ply, and quarter-folded.
- An art technique in which paper cut outs (either from magazines etc or specially made) are glued onto the surface of an object and sometimes painted or decorated; An artwork made by this technique; To perform or use the art technique of decoupage
- Decoupage (or découpage) is the art of decorating an object by gluing colored paper cutouts onto it in combination with special paint effects, gold leaf and so on.
- The decoration of the surface of an object with paper cut-outs, which is then usu. varnished or lacquered
- art produced by decorating a surface with cutouts and then coating it with several layers of varnish or lacquer
paper napkins for decoupage – Napkin Decoupage:
Napkin Decoupage: Simple Clever Effective
Discover the delights of napkin decoupage with this start-to-finish guide packed with technique know-how and stylish projects. The practical chapter of essential techniques guides you through everything you need to know, from choosing and preparing base materials, to cutting and applying the napkins. Then choose from over 35, step-by-step projects and variation ideas that are as appealing as they are simple to complete – many take no more than a couple of hours. With a huge range of decorative napkins available from craft stores, supermarkets and stationery shops, you’ll be spoilt for choice but never short of inspiration.
Some of my plates
I have been making these plates since 1996. I love the way they make the fabric look. I love fabric. I just don’t like sewing, even though I can if I have to do it. This is much more satisfying to me. I do feel like an artist when I do these, but the real artist, of course, is the one who created the original design for the fabric.
Today's Craft: Decoupage Project
This is my Today’s Craft project. An easy fix for some old and kind a boring looking Barbie Furniture. I used some pretty Paper napkins and I will call it the Delft Room ( Dutch). This will be part of my Second bedroom in my doll House.
paper napkins for decoupage
You don’t need any artistic skills, it’s fun and items can be transformed in minutes. Author Brigitte Casagranda shows how easy it is to decoupage patterns and pictures on to wood, metal, cardboard, wax, paper, glass and more. Its simply amazing to see how boxes, glasses, candles, cards and frames come alive when adorned with trees, flowers, plants, berries, birds and animals. Packed with ideas and brimming with helpful information, this book contains many innovative and original designs and is an excellent source of inspiration for anyone interested in this craft.